Thursday, December 10, 2009

Successfully Employed =)

So ya, this might be short...and maybe it's really silly blogging about getting a job but I am so darn excited! =) Mom called me around lunch today and told me Solrac Corp had called and wanted to interview me. I was a mix of nerves and excitment and the same time!! Lol. Many thanks to my buddy, Ali, I managed to get some decent clothes to wear since I was at school in jeans and a t-shirt and had nothing 'suitable' to wear and couldn't get home in time to be back in town for the 2:00 appointment.
The interview was more like a test. Had to find the right puzzle piece basically. I was very freaked going into my 'test' because one of the people before me had 'failed'. I felt bad for her just a little bit.
I am very thankful that the hiring managers seemed willing to work around the last week or so of my college schedule for this semester. Everyone who was hired today will start working tomorrow whereas I will start the Monday after I get out of school. I was quite fortunate to have their understanding.
As far as school goes...I don't know if I'm going back. Hopefully I can manage to take a bunch of easier night classes to get my GPA up for when I go back as a 'normal' college student next fall. I have to go back to school, I want to...but I already told you that. =)
I suppose this is good enough for today. I just had to bask in this whole idea of emploment via-internet...thank you guys for listening lol.
A lot of friends and I were praying for me to get this job, but I guess I owe Him another one...for thanks. =)

No comments:

Post a Comment