Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Some Things Are Meant To Be (Maybe). National Block & Bridle Convention

Soo...the National Block & Bridle Convention is in November and 'procrastinating me' just found out Monday that the money was due tonight. Brillant eh? Yea, that's what I thought.
My recent odessey with my at-the-moment purchase of a truck over the summer pretty much left me broke. Probably not the first stupid thing I've ever done but I'm pretty sure I don't regret it. Would have been better however IF I would have had a j-o-b over the summer too. Trucks apparently don't run on empty (I guess Am and Tabs could tell me that LOL!)
Anyway, I went home and told mom about the Convention and how much it was and of course I got the same feedback about how picky a job person I am. Lol, well what can I say? I wasn't complaining or asking for money though, just informing my surroundings about what's going on with me (haha!)
Naturally, Daddy was the one to dish out the dough. Now I'm wondering after tonight's meet if it's something that will work out or not. The fee pays all but lodging but that could easily be taken care of. I've never asked anybody for money (and been serious about it lol) and I don't think I really did yesterday either but I'm wondering if there's something to this. Am I going or will I go home tonight (still happy :) and give Daddy back the money. I'm actually very neutral about it. I was never set on going even though I wanted too and if it works out, super cool!
I just thought a lot about it today though. Maybe I will make the Convention and something great will come out of it. Or maybe I won't and something else will come up that makes staying here worth it. I'm in a very mellow mood right now. But I guess a big opportunity has come up all of the sudden and I'm wondering if it's really supposed to be this way. If I had all the money in the world (haha), I would be my spontaneous self and go for it, but I guess since Daddy is handing it out I think it's better not to just blow dollars that I'm pretty sure he could definately use elsewhere.
Whatever the conclusion, I think I'm really going to be happy about it either way. While I think it would be a great experience, I think I could probably stay home and not feel like I missed a thing. Like I said, I'm in a mellow mood. :)

P.S. Thanks Daddy :)

No comments:

Post a Comment